Windows Hardening - SecureCheq

So I've come across a very nice tool today... SecureCheq is a free tool from Tripwire which uses configuration tests just like the ones defined in CIS, ISO or COBIT standards to harden the following versions of windows:

    Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
    Windows XP/7/8

You can get it from here, it does require registration but so far they have not flooded me with email so.. so far so good!

I do like the whole idea so I gave it a try... according to the site SecureCheq:
  • Tests for a subset of typical (and often dangerous) Windows configuration errors
  • Provides detailed remediation and repair advice
  • Tests for about two dozen critical but common configuration errors related to OS hardening, Data Protection, Communication Security, User Account Activity and Audit Logging.
  • Demonstrates how systems can be continually hardened against attack

 On my Windows 7 Enterprise box


Weird enough I cannot find and fix the one fail that I have left, managed to configure all the goup or security policies following the instructions provided but not the SafeDLL one..


All in all its a good product worth trying it out :)



Popular Posts